League Results (Click on the link at the bottom of the page)
We are excited to announce the launch of our 2-month long 2023 Little Trapper Sporting Clay Spring League starting April 5, 2023 and ending on June 10, 2023. This league is managed by Rock Creek Shooting Club located at 11300 Pearl Road, Emmett, ID.
Phone: (208) 391-7499
The purpose of the League is to provide fair and competitive sporting clays shooting to all shooters of all abilities from novice to expert. It is also designed to promote sportsmanship and the proper use and safety of firearms. The League will be operated on both individual and Team Competition. The League will be operated within the general rule parameters established by the National Sporting Clays Association.
The following are the specific rules for this League offered at Rock Creek Shooting Club:
1. REGISTRATION: Competition will be between individual shooters.
2. ENTRY FEE: There is a $55.00 entry fee for each 100-target round that must be paid prior to starting to compete for League scores. The competitors shall choose to pay $500.00 upfront for 10 League rounds. The fee includes the dinner party, awards and targets.
3. LEAGUE SCORES: The 2023 Sporting Clays Spring League shall consist of the scores of eight 100-target rounds. The shooter must shoot at least eight 100-target scores during that 2-month period to be eligible for League scores and prizes.
4. MAKE-UPS: The shooter may shoot ahead or make-up weeks as needed without penalty so long as all rounds are completed by June 10, 2023.
5. TEAMS: A minimum of 4 shooters per team is required to make a team and a maximum of 6 shooters. Team rosters must be determined before April 23, 2023. Individual shooters shall be grouped together to create a team. Shooters can only compete for one team in this League.
6. TARGET SETTING: The course will be reset periodically throughout these two months by Gun Club Owner Nick Berry and/or Course Manager Gregory George to keep the target presentations fun and challenging.
7. DAYS & HOURS: The scores may be shot any time during that period including weekdays, weekends, and Wednesday evenings.
8. SCORING: We ask that the scores shall be signed by the shooter and a witness then given to the person in charge at the clubhouse reception. Scores will be gathered weekly and posted on Rock Creek Shooting website for review. Shooters cannot shoot on their own and declare a League score.
9. STRATEGY: After eight League scores are shot, a shooter can improve his scores by substituting a higher score for a lower score shot in an earlier round during the League. The club encourages shooters to do so to improve their average, increase competition, increase practice time to improve their shooting skills, increase club spirit, and most importantly, have more fun.
10. NEWBIES WELCOME: If you’ve never shot sporting clays, this is a great opportunity to learn “golf with a shotgun”. It’s a fun activity for the whole family! Plus, social distancing is easy!
11. RESULTS: At the end of the League period, individual scores will be sorted out within four Lewis classes.
Team scores will take the highest 4 individual shooters scores including handicap for the League period (Handicap: 0 for Master class ; +2 for AA ; +4 for A ; +6 for B ; +8 for C ; +10 for D ; +12 for E and Hunter class).
12. SHOOT OFFS & AWARD CEREMONY: Top 5 shooters of each Lewis class will shoot off for top 5 ranks on June 16, 2023 at 5PM. As long as we do not get shut down due to Covid-19 or natural disaster, a nice (hamburger & hot dog) dinner will be provided to toast the Sporting Clays Spring League champions, Lewis class champions and winning Team and relive the great moments of this Little Trapper Sporting Clays Spring League.
Please come to the club to register and to pay your entry fee or contact us directly if you have questions. Our team is looking forward to seeing you out and shooting a lot of clay targets.
Cat & Nick Berry, owners.